Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring !



Finally, I'm trying to create a new tradition: Blog every Sunday morning.
Let's see how far we go with this. After great inertia over the winter, I have
finally overcome it and I'm creating a lot of new and exciting things at work.
I am also taking the opportunity to restock my kitchen with well needed items,
such as coffee mugs, serving platters, funky mushrooms for my garden, and last
but not least, with vases. I have created brand new tree vases; I pressed slabs
of clay onto a tree to get an impression of the bark and handbuild a vase with
a teeny bird as garnish. Can't wait to show all of this.





I have to say, I read my friend amy's blog regularly and she is so talented
and awesome, but her perfect blogging skills make it hard for me to even get
started. I think if I can't do it perfectly from the get go, I am turned off
and don't even want to try it at all. Silly, I know. O well, let's just write,
download pictures and try, try, try. And shut up.
And I still haven't uploaded anything new to my etsy site. Did you know, one
of my favorite things to do is beat up on me? Did you notice?
Anyway, I am all inspired by amy's blog right now, so let me download all of the
pictures I took at the studio and share them finally.
It's a beautiful Sunday morning, we have the full day ahead of us, blue sky,
nice wind, let's be all optimistic. And hey, preschool resumes tomorrow! :-)

Ok, I'm on my way, to catching up on sharing all the things I wanted to share:
my awesome easter decoration, that has been waiting to burst into life for the
past... uhm 11 years? I've always wanted to make a pretty easter branch bunch (?,
i'm sure there is a correct english term for strauch) like my mum has always done.
Finally, inspired by Martha I tried a technique with lace that I had bought for the
occasion. Honestly, the coloring part didn't work out for me, but spraypaint was
found in a cabinet and fortunately, blue and white worked out brilliantly.
And I made some cutouts, check it out:


And I'm also getting ready for Christmas, right, it's never too early to get ready. Here is another tradition I love: Advent's wreaths. The problem with the original ones is, the always manage to catch on fire, and since I have no intention on setting the house on fire anytime soon, I came up with this modern version:

Link
I think I have shared everything that was on my list for now. I hope you (that is amy and jeanette, who are the only people reading this blog for now...) enjoy... :-) thanks for reading!
Next time maybe I'll manage to catch up with a few pictures of the Serenbe trip we took. It was pretty.
Yay, done!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

wow! i had given up on your blog so i hadn't checked it in a while ;) I love the cutouts and the advent wreath!

Amy said...

oh, i love love love the tree vase (i thought that was on a different post and i was waiting to comment then realized it was this post!)