Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pottery: A dangerous sport

Some exciting news. Too exciting for my taste, actually.
I'm still recovering. Unfortunately, the reminder of it will linger for several weeks. At least. So, here is what happened: I'm working at the studio. Getting a lot done. All those little things on my list. Of course, I'm spread out all over the studio as usual.
It's raining outside, lots of tornado warnings are out. Our busy street is as usual. The occasional sirens. Even the occasional crash is not uncommon. So, I turn around, my back is facing the front of the store, as I hear both, first sirens, then a loud crash, walls are shaking. Our building is hit. The facade is collapsing. I run for the back door, scramble to get both locks open, thinking the building is going to collapse on top of me. Fortunately it doesn't. I run to the back door of stone soup, where everything is still standing and everyone is trying to figure out what that loud sound was. Anyway, here is what we looked at:

a couple of hours later channel 2 and channel 5 came by:

here is an inside view with jeanette rescuing her pots:
and here is a picture of today's paper (metro section online):
anyway, as you can see, i'm fine. can't wait to continue to work in the studio with a new facade in place and a new door that doesn't require 3 locks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sucks that you had to experience this...but at least you look hot, especially in that totally awesome apron.

Dawn said...

Oh, my gosh . . .You are so lucky not to have been hurt. That is scary.