Wednesday, August 20, 2008

How freakin' exciting....


a brand new person commented on my blog. I'm so honored.
So freakin' exciting. Someone who is part of this great show
"Speaking of Faith" that I think can be really life altering if you
listen to it a lot. Yesterday I listened to the podcast "The Ethics of Eating":

"Kingsolver describes an adventure her family undertook to spend one year eating primarily what they could grow or raise themselves. As a citizen and mother more than an expert, she turned her life towards questions many of us are asking. Food, she says, is a "rare moral arena" in which the ethical choice is often the pleasurable choice."

Her book is definitly on my list.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing today was to share my new tree hugger vase.
I think it's getting more and more where it is supposed to.
So far, one of my favorites:


The tree I took this impression from is in front of the Cyclorama / Atlanta Zoo.
Which gave me the idea of doing specific series, like "The Grant Park Series" or
"The Atlanta Zoo Series".
I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tania! Your blog is so cool! I can't believe I didn't know about it. Very inspiring. Where is that dream-house of yours...it is gorgeous. Maybe we could go in together and buy it. haha. Had fun with you yesterday.

Stacy

Dawn said...

Barbara Kingsolver is an awesome writer. My favorite of her books though is the Poisonwood Bible.

Your vase is beautiful. I love the texture and shape and the simple small red bird accent. Keep up the great work.