Sunday, June 15, 2008

SATC


This weekend some truly amazing things happened. I had a lot of fun. You will see, my standards are very humble. It's very easy to entertain me. Here is what was so fun to me:
Saturday afternoon it was girl's afternoon in celebration of Steffi's birthday. We watched Sex and the City at the theater with Cosmos at a bar afterwards. Steffi made a really sweet goody bag for everyone with the soundtrack, chips, chocolates, and champagne! How stylish is that!
An afternoon with adults, no kids, and a really good chick flick. I am such a big fan of the series that I really enjoyed the movie and would see it again. Although I thought it was a bit predictable and stuff, I am very easy to be entertained, as I mentioned in the beginning. I felt like I was 16 about to see Dirty Dancing. So I guess I would see it again to get that feeling again.
Not that I want to be 16 again. Nooohohoho.

Ok, to the second part of the weekend (father's day); we got some fresh bagels, Rick liked his Skeledog Dachshund T-shirt and was sooo nice to give me a H&M shopping spree at the newly opened store. It was actually not too busy. Ok, it was pretty busy and the dressing room line was outrageous. But, oh, shopping by myself, at H&M. Again, felt like a teenager. My sister and I drove 1.5 hours to go to hm in Mannheim, the closest location to our house. That was yeeeeeeaaaars ago. Like, early 90s... wowse! Anyway, it was way so great. I found a cute flowy top in my favorite color and a summer dress and some things for the kids.
Of course I listened to the soundtrack on the way. Love the Jennifer Hudson song. So impressive, what she managed to do in a year. Amazing. Maybe it's been 2 years, who's counting?
Then we had Mexican at El Tesoro in Decatur; that was delicious and the weather was nice, the kids played outside and made some friends. the salsa was great (my favorite part), the chips were nice and salty. Yum. A very successful weekend. And I finally started reading a book again. Eat, Pray, Love. It's been months. My Solitaire addiction took over any remaining minute. I pray that it will be cured soon. The only successful part was that cleaning and laundry folding fell short and I have to catch up REALLY quickly as my mum is on the plane on her way here, RIGHT NOW! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: