Sunday, February 22, 2009

challenge yourself! - part two


As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been trying to challenge myself
to take part in call for entries. So far I have entered three things, all of
which are a long shot, well, maybe except for one local one around the
subject of trees; I am very hopeful to be chosen for that one.
But the other ones are Lark's 500 vases and Ceramics Monthly Emerging
Artists. I can't tell you how exhausting I found it to get an artist statement,
appropriate pictures, prints, etc. ready to ship out.
Totally exhausting. Except for the local one I only managed to send them
out at the very last minute. The entries were not perfect in any way, but
I do have to acknowledge that it will probably be easier to enter other ones.
Since some steps just need to be fine-tuned. Won't have to start from scratch
again. I will get some professional pictures next month. That will help. Here
is a picture that I took and you can see how bad it is. Well, maybe when I
will show you a professional one next to it. Sadly, that was the best I was
capable of.

My next plan is to upload all my new Raku pots onto etsy to fill
up my sad little store and to - yet again- challenge myself once more to make
some two foot vases, coil-built. I pray for patience, patience, patience and great
care to make these vessels. Not just do it fast, fast, fast and sloppy, like I typically do it.

No comments: