Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sadness...


Today was a sucky day. It was actually pretty good. But it sucks.
My dear friend Steffi is leaving for Italy in a few days. So we had our last bbq together
at our house; with husbands and Anja & Juan... urgh.
The food was great, the kids played without any great screams or booboos, but sheeeesh.
I have a headache. All that crying in the morning when I wrote my little letter to her into
the photobook that Anja and I created. I finally had to face the fact that she will no longer
live here. I will not be able to go over to her house and hang out. She won't cook her
fabulous Empanadas. We will not have Advanced Kaffeeklatsch anymore (internal joke..).
So, as I said, it sucks. Ok, ok, i love just being negative. Yeah, yeah, we will be able to see
her, maybe in Miami, maybe in Bergamo, maybe in Cologne. I will, I will.
But she has become a staple in my life. A home away from home. Don't fucking take that
away from me.

No comments: