Friday, April 3, 2009

American Craft Council

I am a little bit late blogging about this, but nevertheless I wanted to share my favorite sellers at the American Craft Council show we had in Atlanta several weeks ago. It was the best show I've seen so far. There were so many high quality artists there and I found them to be very inspiring.
Here are some of my favorites in no particular order!
Eshelmanpottery I loved for its clean lines and modern feel. Would love to own a set of pieces.
It was so perfectly made and well thought through.

Akira Satake, a Japanese potter, had awesome pieces. It made me yearn to go to Japan and learn their way. So perfect...


Kelly O'Briant has such charming work. The painting she does is so sweet and made me want to paint. She was nice to share what inspired her. I hope I can open myself up and let all my suppressed imagery shine through one day.


Sandra Byers has amazing porcelain pieces. A true veteran she has been working with the medium for decades and truly know to be patient to make the porcelain so translucent looking.


Mitch Yung has amazing wall hangings. Love the scale and texture. Really nice work!

No comments: